For our Greyhounds, your support is the key to their good health and happiness. We simply can’t do the things we need to do for them without that support.
At Team Greyhound, we receive support from you in a variety of ways. When you provide a monetary donation, it plays an important role in finding homes for the Retired Racing Greyhound.
Before our Greyhounds are adopted, each dog is:*
- Spayed or neutered – $45 to $135
- Vaccinated – $10 to $100
- Tested fro heart-worm disease – $45 to $50
- Preventative medicine for heart-worm disease – $15 per month
- Wormed for intestinal parasites (for rounds, hooks, whips, and tapes) – $10 to $15
- Examined for dental issues, including a cleaning if necessary – $30 to $700
- Treated and on preventative medicine for flea infection – $10 per month
- Micro-chipped – $25 to $50
- Transported from their racing origin – $100 to $300
- Loved with lots of pets – Priceless
One might think the adoption fee covers these expenses. The fact is, if we were to increase the adoption fees to cover the average cost of one Greyhound, the amount would be unrealistic. Your willingness to donate provides an important role in helping rescued Greyhounds to be healthy and balanced so they can be adopted into a loving and caring home.
Additionally, your generous donation helps provide:
- Preventative Veterinary Care
- Emergency Veterinary Care
- Preventative Medicines
- Food and Treats
- Crates and Beds
- Collars & Leashes
- Marketing Materials
- Office Supplies
- Miscellaneous Fees
We need your help.
As a non-profit organization, we rely solely on donations and fund raising for all monetary needs. Donations from contributors like you are how we are able to do the things we do for these dogs. Every little bit really does help. You are the TEAM in Team Greyhound.
Make a Tax Deductible Donation
Support Retired Racing Greyhound Initiatives
To learn about other ways you may contribute, please click here to go to our donation page.
*Circumstances vary and as such the cost comparison does not represent every situation.